For your reading pleasure this Wednesday 7 September 2011:
- How carriers hamstring your smartphone: team at the University of Michigan and Microsoft Research has uncovered, for the first time, the frequently suboptimal network practices of more than 100 cellular carriers. Here’s the paper entitled An Untold Story of Middle Boxes in Cellular Networks.
- Ten largest US smart grid projects: funded by ARRA through Dept of Energy
- Rumor: Verizon to launch $50/mo prepaid voice and data plan
- 8 False Promises of the Internet
- America losing another generation to science illiteracy (Ah, those pesky scientists! Going on and on about evolution and climate change)
- Solar panel maker Solyndra could be biggest VC loss ever
- Arthur C. Clarke predicts the future in 1964